Quarantine has been hard on all of us but here at the Booze World News household, we are making the most of it by creating cocktails and enjoying all sorts of spirits. Some drinks have turned out horrible, mixing certain syrups with certain spirits, but most have turned out great.
One of our favorites has been a Weller Special Reserve Maple Old Fashioned aka The Naked Thumb. Why the naked thumb you ask? Well during preparation on one of the cocktails a certain someone was peeling the orange and well, I’m sure you can guess what happened… let’s just say stitches were not needed but there is a chunk missing from their thumb.
Outside the unfortunate incident, the drink turned out to be fantastic!
So without further adieu here is the recipe for Naked Thumb or a Weller Special Reserve Maple Old Fashioned.
- 2 oz of Weller Special Reserve
- 5 oz of The Bourbon Review Weller 107 Barrel Aged Watsons Maple Syrup
- 1 to 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- One, 1.5-2 Inch Orange Peel
- Pour 2oz of Weller Special Reserve into an empty rocks glass
- Add one to two dashes of Angostura Bitters to the glass that has the bourbon
- Combine .5 oz of The Bourbon Review Weller 107 Barrel Aged Watsons Maple Syrup into the glass with the bourbon and bitters then stir with the bar spoon for 20-30 seconds until the everything is mixed together.
- Put ice into the rocks glass and rim the orange peel around the edge of the glass
- Stir one more time for 5-10 seconds
- Serve and enjoy
If you like this post and want to know more about what we are making during quarantine drop us a like on Instagram and comment on what your favorite cocktails are and we will see what we can do about creating some more! Also, tag us on your quarantine cocktails on Instagram to be featured on our page and be sure to follow us for more content coming out soon.